Controlling anxiety, negativite thinking and stress does not come easily to everyone. This course is designed to provide the learner with the knowledge, skills and understanding to be able to use mindfulness principles and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) techniques to manage their negative thoughts and emotions.
The course also helps the learner master skills to manage stress, anxiety and other prominent mental health issues that can occur at any time.
By understanding and learning mindfulness and cognitive behavioural therapy techniques we can learn to manage our anxious feelings, negative emotions and handle the adversity that we experience in the workplace and in daily life.
The learning outcomes of the level 1 award in MHFA are:
1. Understand the key principles of Mindfulness, its benefits to our wellbeing, and its effects on stress, anxiety and other mental health issues.
2. Learn Mindfulness techniques and therapies that can be applied when required in the workplace or at home and in daily life.
3. Understanding the definition and principles of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT).
4. How CBT techniques will benefit the wellbeing of the learner and build the positive psychology habits and practices to combat negative emotions.
5. Learn CBT techniques and therapies that can be applied in the workplace, at home and in daily life.
“The flexibility of learning at my own pace means I can learn at home, revisit the
tutorial and have an online resource I can rely on.”
“It’s all done online so it’s really convenient and the videos are really interesting and informative. I’d definitely recommend the course to anyone who deals with the public”